Northern Cross (Yukon) Limited will maximize shareholder value by exploring, developing and marketing hydrocarbons predominantly from the Eagle Plain Basin in the Yukon Territory. In doing so, NCY's management team, employees and consultants will adhere to a set of values governing the company's conduct.
We have strong values that guide our consultation:
- We consult frequently through formal, regulatory requirements and informally through day-to-day business.
- Honesty and integrity is important to us.
- We promote open and honest discussion to improve our strategy and operations.
- We will provide timely information and regular communication.
- We encourage feedback from local communities.
We are committed to building and maintaining relationships with First Nations communities:
- We look to build meaningful relationships.
- We look for opportunities to work together collaboratively.
- We value having trust and open lines of communication with our neighbours and partners.
- We strive to develop strong business relationships that benefit all Yukoners.
We are committed to safety:
- We will conduct all operations in a way that meets or exceeds the safety standards of the region.
- All employees and contractors are expected to uphold strict safety standards.
- We value the safety of communities and have emergency safety and response plans in place to ensure the well-being of those who live and work near our operations.
We are committed to responsible development:
- We respect northern customs and values.
- Our reputation is based on working responsibly and safely, and our ability to limit our impact on the environment.
- We will meet or exceed all standards of responsible development fir the region.
We have measures in place to reduce our impact:
- We will use existing access routes wherever possible to minimize our surface footprint.
- We have processes in place to handle wastes in a way that limits the impact on the environment.
- We will work carefully to limit our interactions with wildlife and to limit our impact on the local plants, trees and shrubs.